Sunday, October 4, 2009

Library

I want to be a librarian! I keep forgetting that librarians don't actually get to sit around and read all day.

I came across this wonderful site with this great post about 'Hot Library Smut'. The images were taken from a book of photographs by Candida Höfer titled, "Libraries".

HANDELINGENKAMER TWEEDE KAMER DER STATEN-GENERAAL DEN HAAG


STIFTSBIBLIOTHEK KLOSTERNEUBURG


BNF PARIS


BIBLIOTECA DE LA REAL ACADEMIA DE LA LENGUA MADRID


KUPFERSITCH-KABINETT DRESDEN (my favorite)


KUPFERSITCH-KABINETT DRESDEN


The library I get to frequent in Melbourne is not nearly as impressive, but I still like it.



Links:
These links were posted on the site, and I am stealing them for my benefit and future reference:
You can get a copy of the book here.
Wikipedia
Survivor: The History of the Library from History magazine.
Libraries & culture from University of Texas Press.

No comments: